7 Quick Takes - Sister Nugget's Weekly Wisdom vol. 4
Good morning, blogland. We'll call this edition: "In which my parents try to take over my blog post."
Hint: Daddy is the main culprit. And I warned him that if he persisted he would be featured in my blog post. Alls fair in love and war and all of that.
Is he gone? Okay, now where were we?
What the...? In the name of rice cereal and all that is chewable, what is that man doing???
I see you back there, Daddy. Mommy may be amused, but I am not.
You are out of control, Daddy.
Where were we? Ah, yes, let me look at my notes...
A few things to share with you people this week...
- Do you have a friend in your life who is always trying to be better than you? Maybe someone who brags that they make more poopy diapers than you, or that they rolled over before you did? If yes, Mama H has a funny and thoughtful post on how to deal with the "one-uppers" in your life.
- The word "discipline" strikes dread in the heart of every child. But Mama Kendra really knows how to put it all in perspective. Discipline is about love!
- I am not an overly sensitive person, but I live with people who are. (Not Daddy, thank goodness. Mommy and Big Sister, I am looking at you!) Anyway, I found this article very good reading...it helped me see how I may have a thing or two to learn from the sensitive people in my life, after all!
- Don't get me wrong, I love my milk and all, but I am good friends with some babies who aren't able to drink their Mommy's milk, and I thought this blog post was a good reminder that there is more than one way to feed a baby!
- Mommies need lots of love, don't they? Some mommies need an extra helping (like my Mommy) because of something called PPD. My Mommy says that this beautiful blog post was a reminder to all Mommies that it is okay if you need a little extra help!! Mommy also wanted me to remind you that Postpartum Progress is an amazing resource for mommies carrying this cross.
Now, you all know that I have a Big Sister...
Lately, she has become the queen of the one-liners. I thought, as a treat, you might all enjoy a Friday morning edition of "From the Mouth of Sister Stinky."
The other day we went to the bank, and Mommy got Big Sister a sucker. (Don't even get me started on the unfairness of my sucker-free existence. Just because I don't have teeth doesn't mean I can't lick!) Anyway, they had this conversation...
Mommy: Now, remember, sweetheart...don't just eat your sucker. I need you to finish your quesadilla, too, okay?
Mommy: Okay, sweetheart? I want you to finish lunch. I don't want you to have a hungry tummy.
Mommy: Okay, sweetheart? Can you say, 'Okay, Mommy?'
Big Sister: Okay, Mommy. That's enough talking now.
Shortly thereafter, they somehow got into the topic of nuns. I think this was when we were on our way to see us some Carmelites.
Big Sister: And then, I don't wear a veil...and then you say, 'You not wear veil!' And then I wear one!
Mommy: Yeah, then you would look like a nun! It would be cool to be a nun, because then you would be married to Jesus.
Big Sister: That not my vocation. (pause) That [Sister Nugget's] vocation...
Okay, Mommy. Done with my blog post! Come get me out of my crib!
Linking up to Mrs. Fulweiler. Of course. Also linking up to Rosie and her funny babies!